Pornography: It’s war!
It’s interesting to watch the trends here at the Crossroads.com ministry. When a piece of writing goes out to encourage people and to help them through hardship, it’s forwarded all over the place. As a result, many new people join on the various platforms. But when the message is a slap on the wrist with directions away from the wrong ways, everybody is dead silent.
That is why I want to challenge you to send this one to your spouse, children, parents, friends, colleagues and whoever, because so many got caught here.
Let’s have a look at the picture:
- There are more than 25 million pornographic websites.
- 40 million Americans regularly visit pornographic websites.
- South African users are among the top 20 countries that visit Pornhub (the biggest pornographic platform in the world).
- 1 out of 3 viewers are women.
- 70% of men aged between 18 and 24 regularly visit these websites every month.
- 25% of all search engine requests is pornographic in nature amounting to approximately 68 million per day.
- 35% of all downloads is pornography.
- 34% of internet users have had unwanted exposure to pornography.
- There are 116 000 searches for child pornography per day.
- The average age at which children are exposed to pornography for the first time is 11.
- 20% of men and 13% of women admit that they watch pornography online at work.
- The average period of time spent on these websites is six and a half minutes.
- The most popular day to watch porn is Sundays.
It’s war! Men and women are bleeding. People are dying. People don’t realise they are being destroyed. The enjoyment overwhelms everything. People no longer care that marriages are being destroyed. Quietly, pornography slips its dirty, sweaty hands in and pulls relationships and families apart.
And few say anything.
However, the Bible speaks up loudly and directly: 3Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient; we were misled by others and became slaves to many evil pleasures and wicked desires. Our lives were full of resentment and envy. We hated others and they hated us. (The Living Bible)
Come on, people! Let’s make a massive plan and let it go. Let’s take hands and help one another. Let’s be honest and tackle our problem. Let’s kneel down and beg God to help us.
May his grace be enough!
Are you struggling with this?
Are there areas where you expose yourself to pornography where you should probably be more sensitive?
What can you do?
Father, things that have never been acceptable to You have become acceptable nowadays. It’s so easy to stumble and trip and think no damage has been done, because I cannot see it. But I want to trust Your Word and follow Your guidelines and keep my life pure. Please help me with this. In Jesus’ Name, amen.